We’ve always been happy to go to Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens and all of Orlando’s awesome theme parks. These are the places where kids can immerse themselves in magical worlds, and adults can become kids again by experiencing incredible attractions.
These parks constantly update their attractions based on the latest and greatest themes, from hot movies to new Disney characters. I’d like to take a look at some future theme parks and attractions in Orlando: some that are a sure thing and others that are just wishful thinking.
1. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Studios Orlando: This one was inevitable with the success of the Harry Potter books and movies. Universal’s Harry Potter website recently launched and revealed some of the rides that will be contained within this magical park.
Wizarding World is slated to have two high speed coasters: Dragon Challenge for those thrill seekers and Flight of the Hippogriff for the faint of heart. You’ll be able to finally enjoy the taste of Butterbeer at a restaurant called ‘Three Broomsticks.” You will also be able to visit Hogwarts, complete with a Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and Dumbledore’s Office.
One potential ride that Harry Potter fans also must be looking for is the ability to play some quidditch! Be sure to check back for an update on when the park is slated to open.
2. The Avatar Theme Park: With the recent international dominance of James Cameron’s Sci-Fi movie ‘Avatar,’ there is sure to be a theme park on the way. The Avatar movie immerses viewers in a imaginative 3-D world like none other, complete with a new language, exotic species, and breathtaking views.
Just like how ‘Star Wars’ inspired a number of rides and attractions across the globe, Avatar also will open up the doors for new attractions as well as the possibility of its own theme park. This one is sure to be high-tech if Cameron has a say in it : imagine a total immersion experience that will include running alongside the Na’vi and interacting with Pandora’s many unique species.
- Mountain Banshee Twister - Visitors get to try and tame a Banshee just like a true Na’vi warrior by flying, twisting and turning across a scenic landscape. This ride would probably utilize a motion simulator that moves in uniform to a 3-D experience.
- Toruk Makto Coaster - In order to give justice to this massive airborne predator, this coaster would need to be fast. Imagine a seamless combination of 3-D visuals and precipitous drops.
3. Social Network World: This one is a bit out there but who says it can’t happen? ‘The Facebook Movie’ is apparently slated to start production this year, with participating names including writer Aaron Sorkin (The West Wing, A Few Good Men) and actor/performer Justin Timberlake.
With all the current buzz around internet sensations like Google, Twitter and Facebook, why not create a theme park? The park could include high tech connectivity that would allow visitors to utilize their mobile devices to interact with the various rides, as well as share their experiences instantly with friends and family.
- It’s a Google World - Google searches from around the world (perhaps minus China) would scroll across the walls as you are carted along an ‘internet highway’ from country to country.
- Tweet Mountain - A high speed roller coaster that would instantly share the best facial expressions with the world as people experienced G-force speeds.
Can you think of any other good theme parks of the future? Feel free to contribute! And if you’re thinking of heading over to Orlando to experience any current or future theme parks like Disney or Universal, be sure to check out Vacation-Offer’s Discount Orlando Vacation Package, which includes 3 nights in a luxury suite as well as 2 tickets to your choice of theme park.